Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 4: Feeling Rushed

I have really enjoyed the labs in this course so far.  I like working with a partner (which is unusual for me) and learning from each other.  It helps me clarify concepts covered in lectures and practice coding.  My only concern is this week my partner and I didn’t finish the lab, so we didn’t cover some of the concepts.  After rereading the lab handout, the only topic I didn’t fully understand was the built-in function property.  I am going to have to do some research, go back through the notes, and practice using this function.  Hopefully next weeks lab will be a little bit shorter!


In lecture we discussed recursion.  I know recursion from another course, but I haven’t used it in a while.  In class I was having trouble tracing the code for the function tree_burst.  I didn’t have enough time to trace the code myself before we discussed the answer.  Going back over the problem now, I can trace the code quickly, I just felt very rushed in class.  That seems to be the theme for me this week in lab and in class: feeling rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment